Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I’m Stuck

Yes, stuck.

Stuck like a rear-wheel drive car in a ditch next to the Erie Canal (I speak from experience on that).

No, it’s not writer’s block. I don’t really get writer’s block. I’m sure there are members of this family who WISH I did get writer’s block and then maybe I’d stop tapping away on the keyboard and throw the darn tennis ball to her a little more often.

But let’s face it, the dog has never been terribly supportive of my writing so there’s no surprise she’d be all bitter like that.  

No, the reason I’m stuck is because I can’t blog about what I really want to blog about.

Trying to do a work-around post by merely alluding to things doesn't help much either. A couple of times I’ve started roundabout posts about what’s going on in my publishing quest so that I don’t break the rule about not discussing these things online, but inevitably the posts became so oblique that even I didn’t know what I was talking about. I’d start out with some metaphor for my current situation, and then next thing I know, I’m writing about fracking rights in Pennsylvania.

No, the fact is, I’m stuck, and I’m going to stay stuck a little while longer. But not forever. And I realize I’ve now been frustratingly elusive, so apologies for that, but I do feel better for talking about the things I can’t talk about.

Please, if you’re going to chuck something at my head for being so annoying, be a pal and do pick something soft that won’t leave a mark.

Thank you for your understanding.

OH! And don’t forget, you’ve only got a few more days left to enter the BWB Blog Contest.! Click here to find out more and to enter. The prizes are, like, beyond awesome. Remember that Oprah episode where she was telling everyone in the studio audience, “You get a car! And you get a car! And you and you and you! Everyone gets a car!”

Yeah, it’s not that good. But almost.

I'm going to announce the first winner on Monday, 10/3! Will it be you? I'll bet it will.