Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Editing: If and When You Have Need of It



Guys, you will not find me endorsing many things on this blog. Not since those disastrous stock tips I gave you back in 2007 when you lost your shirt on alpaca futures. 

I know you're still angry about that, and once again, all I can say is I'm very sorry. I had no idea that the market would be flooded with cheap, foreign alpacas.

But verily I tell you this, if you’re in a need of a professional editor for your novel, go and visit this site


Denise Logsdon is a good friend of mine. She has read and copy edited just about everything I’ve written in the last five years. She gets several dozen thumbs up from me, and now, lucky you, she’s hung out her shingle for general hire.

She's fantastic and ... hey, actually ... you know, it hadn’t occurred to me until now, but I wonder if this will create a problem insofar as I won’t be able to monopolize her time anymore.

Hmmm....
 
That would make me sad. 

And possibly very aggressive. 

I may have to request special treatment or make Denise create one of those FASTPASS systems like they have at Disney. That way I can jump ahead of you in line on the grammar coaster

Yeah, that might work. 

OK, so I may regret this endorsement for my own selfish reasons, but you will not. If you need someone to unsplit your infinitives and unmuddle your plotlines, Denise is your girl. 

Tell her Kristen sent you. Hopefully she won't hold that against you.