Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Take Me For Granted!

What is going on here today, folks? I don’t think I’ve ever done TWO blog posts in a single day. Obviously it's a most exceptional day.

The good news is officially up on the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators' (SCBWI) website so I’m now free to squee.

I’ve been awarded the 2010 Work-in-Progress grant from SCBWI in the Contemporary Novel for Young People category.

*cue the squeeing*

This is for a novel titled, “The Miracle Conspiracy,” which is the very same novel that I was moaning about in this recent post, about how I put it together all wrong and backwards.

Here be the linky proof.  They called me on Monday to tell me I'd won, but I had to stare at the website a good long time to reassure myself it was real.

Stunned. Happy. Amazed. Stunned.

That’s me.

Off to the store for some champagne now. Stop by after work and hoist a tankard with me if you can.