Friday, June 24, 2011

Endless Summer


It’s June 24. 

Do you know what that means?

It’s the last day of school.

Don’t even get me going on “where has the time gone” or “I can’t believe it’s the end of June already!” The last ten months have flown by at 186,000 miles per second, and now we're suddenly teetering on the brink of summer vacation.  This means massive schedule changes for everyone here in the household.

I’ve kept up my weekly blogging pretty religiously, even after the Junior Mint was born in April, but now, even I, Master Tactician of Time Management that I am, must concede that I'm out-matched.

I don’t know what I thought I was going to do – maybe figure out a way to invent a 25th hour in the day – but with four kids at home 24/7, the plain fact is, things are going to be a bit dodgy here until school starts up again in September.
 
So.

I’ve decided that I’m going to let things descend into happy chaos for the next few weeks (possibly longer). Yes, the grass is going to get a little tall here at the blog. The posts are going to be shorter and more sporadic. I’ve got a new WiP underway and what little time I’ll have to write, I’m going to spend on that. It’s kind of like on Star Trek when the captain shouts, “Divert all power to main shields!” 

Power diverting, in progress. Stand by...
Yes, that’s what I’ll be doing. Diverting all my power to the WiP. I know you guys understand, especially my comrades with young children at home. Sometimes you've got to power through and carry on and all that. But sometimes you’ve got to dial it back and run through the sprinkler shouting “Freedom!”

I’ll still be on Twitter semi-daily. Hopefully we can chat over there (I’m @KlipMart – come on by and join in the fun). I’ll also still be reading blogs so keep up the good work, everyone. I hope to be a far better commenter than I've been in recent months. 



Wishing you sunshine and popsicles until summer’s end,

Kristen